Native Land Digital is seeking a dedicated, part-time Volunteer Coordinator who is organized, detail oriented, and has strong communication skills. Our Volunteer Coordinator should be enthusiastic at encouraging social understanding and change in today’s world.
About the Role:
The Volunteer Coordinator will collaborate with the Executive Director and the Native Land Digital team to recruit and manage volunteers, maintain a database of volunteer information and skills, match volunteers to opportunities that suit their skillset, and maintain communication with volunteers.
Key Deliverables of the Volunteer Coordinator
· Development of a volunteer policy
· Source and recruit volunteers
· Develop and maintain a detailed record of volunteers, including availabilities and skills
· Organize and schedule volunteers as needed
· Assign responsibilities for special events or projects, as needed
· Coordinate teams of volunteers
· Communicate frequently with volunteers
· Ensure the mission and goals of Native Land Digital are clearly communicated
● Proven experience as a volunteer coordinator, or equivalent
● Extensive experience in volunteering
● Volunteer or working experience with not-for-profits is an asset
● Experience in recruiting through various methods and platforms
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (Excel) and/or Google Docs
● Basic knowledge of WordPress is considered an asset
● Organizational skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
● Ability to communicate effectively with volunteers from around the world
● Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: $21.00/hr CAD, approximately 5 hours/week
Indigenous applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Christine McRae, Executive Director of Native Land Digital, by email to [email protected] with “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications submitted to Native Land Digital through any means other than email will be considered incomplete, and will not be accepted.
Deadline for applications is January 24, 2021 at 11:59pm PST.