Native Land Digital and the U.S. Department of the Interior – Bureau of Land Management under the National Scenic and Historic Trails system have partnered to hire an Indigenous Researching and Mapping intern for a paid placement with Ancestral Lands Conservation Corps and Partnership for the National Trails System. Additional information on this position can be found here: https://jobs.silkroad.com/ConservationLegacy/Careers/jobs/2853In this position, the intern will work with Native Land Digital (Native-Land.ca) and GIS professionals at Federal agencies to develop a geographic information system (GIS) overlay for the National Trail System Map in coordination with Native Land Digital (Native-Land.ca).
- Interact with GIS professionals at Federal agencies and Native Land Digital (Native-Land.ca) to determine needs, outline a work plan and create the map.
- Circulate map for edits and verification; incorporate input and finalize map.
- Make map publicly available on PNTS website and the websites of other project partners.
- Develop a procedure for updating or altering the map in the future.
- Create a feedback tool for the field to support Native Land Digital’s future mapping improvements.
To apply, please visit the link above.