Do you want to work with a great platform and hone your design and development skills? Native Land Digital is seeking a dedicated Front End Developer who is looking to join an Indigenous team mapping Indigenous territories, treaties, and languages around the world.
Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Role:
The Front End Developer will collaborate with the Founder, Executive Director, and the Native Land team to develop, manage and support development, including web and mobile, as well as new projects and ideas. Specifically, this role will be divided into three main categories:
● Website Management: Fix bugs, address issues, and help develop new website sections and features. Our website is built in WordPress using a custom theme. You will also advise on UI/UX design and may work independently.
● App Management: Work with volunteers and on your own to help maintain and improve the Native Land mobile apps over time (React Native and Mapbox).
● Support Requests: Help the communication team to handle and address community concerns and needs regarding technical elements of the site, including API usage, user errors, and feasibility of new features.
It is important that you are proficient in at least a number of these areas, with examples of your work available to show. You do not need to be an expert in all areas, but must demonstrate the ability to learn and execute development projects. Generally, a minimum of 2 years full-time development experience will be required.
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- Mapbox (GL JS)
- API development and use
- React Native mobile app development
- UI and UX Design
- Soft skills
- Understanding of work flow and sprints
- Knowledge of Indigenous current events
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Part time, approximately 10h/week
- $30.00 – $80.00/hr CAD (dependent on expertise)
- Remote (global applicants are welcome)
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Victor Temprano, Founder of Native Land Digital, by email to [email protected] with “Front End Developer” in the subject line. Incomplete applications, including those sent via social media, will not be eligible for consideration.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, April 20th at 12:00am PST.