Do you want to share your voice on a global scale? Native Land Digital is seeking a dedicated Digital Communications and Content Creator who is looking to join an Indigenous team. The individual we’re looking for is organized, dedicated, detail oriented, and has a working knowledge of communications, digital strategy and content creation skills. This individual should be a self-starter, comfortable with deadlines, and willing to jump into any task at hand. This individual must work well as part of a small team. The Digital Communications and Content Creator should be informed and engaged in Indigenous conversations and issues, and enthusiastic about encouraging social understanding and change in today’s world.
About the Role:
The Digital Communications and Content Creator will collaborate with the Executive Director and the Native Land communications team to develop, manage and support communications, including social media, strategic outreach and fundraising initiatives. Specifically, this role will be divided into three main categories:
● Online Community Engagement: Interact regularly with the Native-Land.ca community through social media, website and digital outreach.
● Native Land Digital Brand Development: Foster community engagement through effective communication to encourage and foster strong relationships with Native Land Digital.
● Supporting Organic Promotional Strategies: Observe and communicate insights into ways that Native Land Digital can best be in good relation with our online community.
- Maintain and engage with audiences on Native Land’s social media platforms
- Use social media as a method of driving audience to Native-Land.ca
- Regular analytics tracking
- Develop and launch communications initiatives focused on funding campaigns
- Assist with the development and implementation of Native Land Digital’s social media strategies
- Create, edit, publish and promote communications across all digital platforms (website, social media, etc.)
- Frequent and relevant content posts
- Regular newsletters for subscribers
- Develop and execute long-term strategies for user engagement, social media campaigns, funding campaigns
- Analyze monthly analytics to create quarterly reports
- Determine, implement and manage timelines, deadlines and key inflection points for outreach and funding campaigns
- Assist with additional communications, as needed
- Respond to DMs across all digital communications channels
- Actively engage with our digital community through conversation and shared content
- Develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations and individuals
- Assist in the management of the general contact email inbox when needed
- Informed and engaged in Indigenous resurgence at the community, nation, and/or global scale
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a marketing or communications role
- A degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or a related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity, including review and compilation of analytics, social media campaigns, blog management
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Basic graphic design skills (Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
- Organizational skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations is an asset
- Part time, approximately 10h/week
- $20.00/hr CAD
- Remote (global applicants are welcome)
Indigenous applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Christine McRae, Executive Director of Native Land Digital, by email to [email protected] with “Digital Communications and Content Creator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications, including those sent via social media, will not be eligible for consideration.
Deadline for applications is Thursday, October 21st at 12:00am PST.