Native Land Digital is hiring a Digital Communications Coordinator!
We are looking for an individual who is dedicated, organized, detail-oriented and has a working knowledge of digital strategy and content creation. This person should be a self-starter, comfortable with deadlines, and willing to jump into any task at hand. In particular, our Digital Communications Coordinator should be enthusiastic about encouraging social change and understanding on a global scale.
About the Role
The Digital Communications Coordinator will collaborate with the Executive Director and the Native Land team to develop, manage and support content development, strategic outreach and fundraising initiatives. Specifically, the role will be divided into three main categories:
- Online Community Engagement: Develop and encourage relationships with the Native Land Digital community through social media, website and digital outreach.
- Native Land Digital Brand Development: Foster online engagement through effective communication, encouraging a strong connection to Native Land Digital.
- Supporting Organic Promotional Strategies: Observe and communicate insights into ways that Native Land Digital can best engage with our online community.
- Maintain and engage with audiences on Native Land’s social media platforms
- Use social media as a method of driving audience to the Native Land website
- Develop and launch social media campaigns to increase social media engagement
- Develop and launch communications initiatives focused on funding campaigns
- Assist with the development and implementation of Native Land Digital’s Social Media Strategy
- Create, edit, publish and promote content, including the Native Land blog
- In collaboration with the Native Land team, develop long-term strategies for user engagement, social media campaigns, funding campaigns
- Analyze Google Analytics results and offer recommendations
- Determine, implement and manage timelines, deadlines and key inflection points for outreach and funding campaigns
- Assist with additional communications, as needed
- Develop, grow and maintain relationships with organizations and individuals who are
particularly engaged with Native Land Digital
- Manage the general contact email of Native Land Digital
- 1-2 years experience working in a marketing or communications role
- A degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or a related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Social Media for business, including review and compilation of analytics, social media campaigns, blog management
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Organizational skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations is considered an asset
- The ideal candidate will have a passion and interest in history and advocacy
- Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: $19.00 to $23.00/hr, based on experience. Approximately 5 hours/week.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Christine McRae, Executive Director of Native Land Digital, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, July 22nd at 11:59pm PDT.